There’s a world of difference between looking at a clock and being able to say that it’s 3 o’clock and understanding “how long” 5 minutes is. For those who learn differently, this type of abstract thinking is even more difficult and often creates a high level of anxiety.
Recommended by Autism and ADHD experts, the Time Timer displays the passage of time with a disappearing red disk. This is a powerful tool for visual thinkers of all ages and abilities.
Adults and children with learning disabilities & ADHD:
- Use the Time Timer anywhere to help “manage life” and develop a reliable internal clock.
- Break big challenges into small tasks.
- Eases stressful transitions by showing “how much longer” and “here’s what ‘5 more minutes’ really means.”
- Encourages confidence, independence and natural talents like visual thinking.
- Shows when challenging activities will end: “Let’s go shopping for 30 minutes.”
- Helps visitors and new caregivers stick to the family routine.
- See at a glance how much time is left with no disruptive alarm.
- Keep sessions focused and on track, and manage time in between sessions to document notes.
- Monitor timed responses to assist with diagnoses.
- No ticking, no distractions, no setup required
- Optional audible signal when time is up
- Runs on one AA battery
Available in 3 sizes:
- 3 inch - with protective cover that flips open to serve as a stand for the Timer
- 8 inch - freestanding or wall mount
- 12 inch - freestanding or wall mount
has a rating of stars
based on reviews.